Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the most exciting treks in Nepal. Despite being one of the most beautiful treks in the country, it hasn’t still been fully explored. Considering its potential and what it has to offer, it doesn’t receive as many trekkers as few other trekking routes like Annapurna Base Camp Trek or Everest Base Camp Trek. You’re going to find certain raw elements in the trek, which will definitely add goodness to your experience.
Manaslu trekking was opened in 1991 to foreign visitors. This trekking region is now a restricted trekking zone and nobody can enter the Manaslu region without official documents, like a special permit and a neighborhood guide which is that the rules of the Nepal Government that each traveler should have a restricted permit.
- Amazing view of the snow-covered mountains Manaslu region, Ganesh Himal, Mount Manaslu (The eighth highest mountain in the world,8126m), Langtang region, Himalchuli, Cheo Himal and so on.
- The trek crosses through Larkya La (5,160m) which is one of the highest Himalayan passes of Nepal.
- You pass through Mountain villages reflecting Tibetan Buddhist culture and tradition.
- There’s a huge diversity of species of flora and fauna in Manaslu Conservation Area. The area is known to harbor 33 species of mammals, 110 species of birds, 3 species of reptiles, around 2000 species of flowering plants, and many more. Few of the animals include Snow Leopard, Musk Deer, and Himalayan Tahr.
- You also explore through the Manaslu Base Camp (4,400m) and Birendra Lake made by the Manaslu Glacier.
- It is far less crowded than its more well-known peers Everest Base Camp and Annapurna Circuit. The trek is wild and remote, yet there are teahouses at everyday stage, so trekkers don’t need to bring tents and food, making it more accessible and affordable than similar treks.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
This trek is a moderately difficult trek. The physical condition of the trekker has a lot to do with the Manaslu Circuit Trek difficulty. Manaslu Trek is one of the challenging treks in Nepal that takes you through the remote villages of the Himalayan region. Manaslu Trek is one of the challenging treks in Nepal that takes you through the remote villages of the Himalayan region. It is one of the off-beaten treks in Nepal.
This trek takes you around Mt. Manaslu, worlds eight highest mountain at 8,163m (26,781 ft). And is gaining popularity as the new jewel in the crown of Himalayan trekking. So, It certainly is a great alternative to the Annapurna Circuit Trek. It is far less crowded than other classic treks in Nepal. The spectacular suspension bridge crossings and a Himalayan pass at 1500m (17,000 ft) are absolutely thrilling.